ITCQF® is a comprehensive technical communication certification program developed in cooperation with recognized techcomm experts, and based on existing international standards. The program is designed to facilitate the learning process for aspiring technical communicators, as well as to supplement and organize the knowledge of already experienced techcomm specialists. Ultimately, ITCQF® provides a means to standardize the terminology, processes and best practices used by professionals across the world in different organizations.
ITCQF® Certified Professionals gain recognized credentials that prove their technical communication competencies and make them a more attractive addition to organizations across the industry. From the Employers’ perspective, hiring such professionals increases the credibility of their organizations in the eyes of the customers and future employees, but also gives advantage over their competition through better adoption of industry standards and, therefore, a more dependable and efficient work organization.
ITCQF® certified professionals understand their role and tasks within the project and are able to:
- identify audience needs,
- plan project activities related to technical communication,
- produce and publish various types of content according to fundamental rules and good practices,
- use appropriate formats and tools,
- identify and utilize suitable tools to optimize content creation and maintenance,
- plan necessary skill development according to the intended career path.
For more details please check section Materials.
The area of technical communication includes a number of different roles with different responsibilities and education needs. ITCQF® certification recognizes the common ground for all techcomm disciplines, and is designed to meet the needs of people with the following areas of expertise:
- Technical writing – the development of documentation content
- Technical editing – documentation evaluation and introducing corrections in terms of technical aspects, as well as linguistic correctness
- Graphic design – the creation of illustrative content for documentation purposes, like diagrams, schemas, etc.
- Information architecture – structural design of content to facilitate effective communication
- Usability/User experience/User interface design – the development of the interaction between users and products, with emphasis on simplicity and efficiency of the design to allow accomplishing user goals
- Technical training – preparing, organizing and conducting educational sessions for technology-related topics
- Technical translation – converting technical documentation to other languages and cultural contexts
How to obtain an ITCQF® Certificate for Technical Communication Professionals?
In order to an ITCQF® Certificate for Technical Communication Professionals, you must successfully pass examination that may be preceded by a training course based on official ITCQF® materials. To sign up for training and/or examination, please go to Partners section to locate our accredited training\exam providers in your area.
What materials are available in order to prepare for ITCQF® examination, and where can I find it?
ITCQF® exams are prepared based on the Syllabus available for self-study in the Materials section. However, for best learning results, we highly recommended signing up for a training session organized by one of our partners for additional study materials accompanied by professional trainer’s guidance.
Whom should I contact for additional information on ITCQF® Certification?
For additional inquiries, please use the Contact section of our website.
What kinds of certifications are offered under ITCQF® brand?
Currently, ITCQF® offers Technical Communication Foundation certification. Other certificates will be made available soon in the form of add-ons, and are currently under construction. They cover various advanced skills required from technical communication – as presented in the schema below.